Welcome to my new little home on the internet where I plan to cook and bake my way through the nearly 2,000 recipes that have been collecting dust on my Pinterest boards over the last 4 years.
The first recipe is on deck for the end of the week, so let’s set some ground rules, shall we?
Things not to expect on this blog (for now):
- Fancy confections. I’m not the beginningest of beginners, but something like this is well beyond my skill set. (Though it’s on my Pinterest board, so we’ll see how that goes…)
- Proper supplies. I’m working with the bare minimum, friends.
- Original recipes. I don’t know the first thing about inventing my own recipes. We’re strictly aping off the internet here.
- Cool website-y things. I’m using the free version of WordPress and know nothing about web design.
Things to expect on this blog (for always):
- Food that looks like it was in a car accident, but probably tastes pretty good. You’ll have to trust me.
- Thoughts on Nurse Jackie, books I’m reading, and Los Angeles
- Questionable photography
- Pictures of my family’s puppy
- A lot of chocolate
- Periodic baking/cooking playlists
- Irregular posts. The point of this blog is to follow through and attempt the things I’ve set out to make, but I also have a job and responsibilities and TV to watch. As long as I keep coming back, we’ll consider it a success.
I think that about covers it for now. I’ll see you here next week with homemade Oreos that may or may not look and taste like Oreos. Wish me luck!